Hey again, I guess I didn’t really do a great job of keeping up with the daily blogging. In my defense, I did have a very busy weekend (job interview in London on Saturday and working 9 hours on Sunday), so… deal with it. In the nicest possible way, of course.
I think my main character may be seeping into my personality. As a polite individual, I feel this is probably not the best thing ever.
Anyway, the book is into its fourth chapter and I am currently just short of 8,000 words, which puts me well ahead of the daily amount. At present, my ‘words a day to finish on time’ is 1,557 instead of 1,667 and if I carry on at this rate, I’ll be done by November 26th (which if I can do that I will be a very happy human being).
I am trying not to be discouraged by only slightly topping the word count each day. It’s a little intimidating to see that some people have literally finished their entire NaNo only 3 or 4 days in. But I remind myself that I am only human, caffeine seems to have little or no effect on me, and I have to work a 6 hour day with 1 hour of travel either way. I also seem to have lost my rather helpful teenage ability to live on 3 hours’ sleep.
I hope everyone else who is participating is doing well and most of all enjoying it, regardless of their word counts or whether they think they’ll finish on time or not. At the end of the day, you’re writing, and that’s the first step.
- NaNoWriMo and Nerds (marbleswords.com)
- NaNoWriMo: Day Three (courtvanhaaren.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Day Two (lobotomyplease.com)
- NaNoWriMo Update: Day 3 (dogsarentkids.wordpress.com)
- Dear NaNoWriMo: Day 2 (lisenminetti.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Tips (westlakewriters.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo and Cheating (thedragonpedestal.wordpress.com)
- Slaying the Beast: First Thoughts on NaNoWriMo (inkandpapyrusblog.wordpress.com)
- Dude! NaNoWriMo! (artistrywriting.wordpress.com)